Connect with us

Crime

BREAKING: FUOYE female student, murdered! *Body buried behind faculty *Students ordered home, as school shuts down

Published

on

Tragedy has struck at Federal University, Oye Ekiti, in Ekiti State, following the discovery of the body of an 18-year-old female student in a freshly dug grave, after a search party, combed the premises for several hours after she was declared missing.

The 200-level Stream A, nursing student, was said to have gone missing after she decided to stay back for extra reading on Tuesday afternoon, but did not return to her hostel, leading to a search for her which yielded no result immediately, until the party eventually discovered her body buried in a shallow grave at the back of one of the faculties in the institution’s premises, late Wednesday.

The danger signals had surfaced after some tell-tale signs were said to have been discovered earlier in the day, when one of her shoes and an ear-ring were discovered somewhere within the premises, which is said to be surrounded by thick forests.

Distraught students, who bewailed the incident, said the young lady had some of her siblings in the university, which was founded by former President Goodluck Jonathan, as part of his educational policy of establishing a federal university in every state of Nigeria, who joined in the search.

Advertisement

To underscore the seriousness of the situation, a security cordon is said to have been thrown around the school with armed security personnel, said to have taken over the premises to get to the root of the matter, while students have been ordered to vacate the institution.

May be an image of 1 person and smiling

A statement signed by Muftau Ibrahim, Registrar of the institution, ordering the students out of the school, said the students should return home for now to await a new resumption date, while security operatives engage in a thorough job of getting to the root of the matter, adding that some arrests had already been made.

See also  CBN sells FX to BDCs at N1,251/$1 as Naira rebounds

The statement, said: “The university management has received the case of Ms Modupe Deborah Atanda, who was reported missing, Wednesday, 6th September 2023, and management is saddened at the turn of events.

“It is pertinent to promptly inform the university community that immediate steps have been taken in that regard, as all national security personnel have been drafted to handle the situation. As a matter of fact, several arrests have been made of suspects.

“To this end, all students (Stream A and any other full-time student still on any of the university’s campuses, are hereby directed to vacate the premises with immediate effect, to ensure a proper, holistic, and unimpeded thorough investigations, please.

Advertisement

“It is worthy of note that armed security personnel have been deployed for patrol surveillance and security purposes. Rest assured that all steps would be taken by the university to fish out any and all culpable persons and they shall face the full and unmitigated consequences of their action(s).

“A new resumption date for all students would be conveyed accordingly. We regret all inconveniences these may have caused. Thank you.”

May be an image of text that says "FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OYE-EKITI RELEASE CURRENT OCCURRENCE THE UNIVERSITY University Management community situation. quichly shall University th We sho unmitigated amy would conveyed accordingly. nconveniences these couted. (Signed] Mufutau IBRAHIM Registror"

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

BREAKING: Bobrisky to spend next six months in jail

Published

on

Without an option of fine after pleading guilty to abuse of Naira, Nigeria’s currency, Idris Okuneye, alia Bobrisky, is to spend the next six months in jail, on the orders of Justice Abimbola Awogboro of the Federal High Court, Lagos, who finally passed his sentence, after convicting him, last week.

The popular crossdresser, whose ordeal is coming on the heels of the controversy arising from winning the best-dressed woman at a movie premier in Lagos, a fortnight ago, even though he is known to be a man, was handed the sentence on Friday April 12.

The court had convicted him on Friday, April 5 after he pleaded guilty to the offence, following his arraignment by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), which picked him up a day before filing on an initial six-count charge of abuse of the Naira and money laundering Thursday, April 4, which was later reduced to four after the money laundering allegation was removed.

 

Advertisement

See also  LP convention: How Abure disobeyed Obi *Search for peace continues – Tanko
Continue Reading

Crime

Police launch manhunt for gunmen, who set whole luxurious bus ablaze after robbing passengers

Published

on

Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command, have launched a manhunt for the daredevil gunmen, who set a whole luxurious bus ablaze after robbing the passengers and dispossessing them of their valuables.

The bus was said to have been waylaid at the wee hours of Saturday, with the hoodlums looting the belongings of the passengers, most of whom were travelling to the South East to celebrate Easter with their loved ones in the villages.

The incident, said to have occurred at Oke Ado Junction, in Ijebu Imushin, along the Ijebu-Ode-Benin Expressway, was confirmed by Omolola Odutola, spokesman of the command.

“It happened in Oke Ado junction at Ijebu Mushin. A luxury bus of Mercedes Benz was burnt down. The vehicle was coming from Maza Maza (in Lagos State) before it encountered the hoodlums,” said, adding that the police were already on the case to track down the gunmen.

Advertisement

The incident, on the 59-seater bus said to be operated by Ifesinachi Transport Ltd, was captured in a video, making round in the social media, where some of the affected passengers, including women and children were seen completely stranded in the middle of the road.

A man, one of the victims, who was seen narrating the ordeal of the passengers, spoke of how the bus was waylaid by the criminals, saying: “Ifesinachi Motors, we were travelling in the night to come back to the East for Easter celebrations, and criminals attacked us in Ijebu Ode along the Ore-Benin Expressway.

“They robbed us of everything we had, they stripped some half-naked. They locked us inside the 59-seater luxury bus and set it ablaze. We thank God that we later escaped. Nobody died but everything we had was collected. We thank God that we didn’t lose anyone but we lost everything we were travelling with and some sustained injuries.”

See also  Edo impeachment: Sad ending for ‘Emperor’ Obaseki

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Crime

Drama at UNTH, as CMD orders detention of corpse, one year after

Published

on

The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, Enugu, has continued to detain the corpse of Janet Nwaosu one year after its doctors allegedly killed her, even as the hospital management has also denied family access to the corpse for the past one year.

Recall that the family of the late Romanus Nwaosu of Amaeta village in Mgbowo, Awgu Local Government of Area Enugu State had accused one Dr Chibuoke and a nurse of killing their mother, Mrs Janet, who was on admission at the UNTH on October 18, 2022.

The family claimed that the said doctor (Chibuoke) and the nurse injected their mother with a drug that killed her less than five minutes after the injection, without the consent to inject her the drug.

According to the family, the accused health practitioners were not the ones assigned to take care of the deceased at the hospital when they injected the drug that killed her.

Advertisement

However, more than one year after the incident, the Chief Medical Director of the teaching hospital, Dr Obinna Onodugo, has refused to release the body of late Janet because, according to him, one of the children of the deceased, “had maliciously broken a glass window in the hospital” after the alleged killing of their mother.

Meanwhile, Punch gathered that despite paying all necessary charges, the CMD was said to have given an order that no member of the family should be allowed to see the corpse of their mother in the past one year.

See also  BREAKING: Okuama slain soldiers, get national honours, families get houses, as Tinubu hits burial ground

The PUNCH, quotes Augustina Nwaosu, the deceased daughter, who said she had been taking care of her before her death as bemoaning on Wednesday that the hospital management had been dragging the family from one police formation to another.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending