Connect with us

Crime

How popular musician lured, murdered two bureau-de-change operators

Published

on

Police in Lagos are currently on the manhunt for one Collins Etaredafe, popularly known as Top Boy, who has gone into hiding after being linked to the killing of two-yet-to-be-identified Bureau-De-Change operators at his residence in the Lekki area of Lagos State.

The PUNCH is reporting that the musician, was with a yet-to-be-identified friend, invited the BDC operators into his apartment on March 18, the same day of the governorship and House of Assembly election, under the guise of changing some dollars, but ended up killing them and subsequently dumped their bodies in a drainage located in front of his residence.

The report, quoted a facility manager in the area, Paul Omotosho, as saying the agent in charge of the building informed him that some neighbours, upon discovering the corpses in the drainage, traced some drops of blood to the apartment of the musician.

Omotosho, who is currently in detention narrated his experience thus: “I knew Etaredafe through his girlfriend, Evelyn, about three years ago when she contacted me that he needed an apartment. That was how he got my number. He called me, said he stays in Delta State, and that he wants to book a short-let apartment. That was how he became a regular client.

Advertisement

“Sometimes he would claim he does not know Lagos and will send money to my account to help him get some items and send them to him. In February 2022, he said he wanted to secure an apartment where his mum would be living in Lagos; he said he wanted to surprise her with the apartment as she has not been to Lagos before.

See also  Police nab three herdsmen for killing Ogbomoso cleric *We’ll ensure justice – monarch

“I had to reach out to a fellow agent who assisted me in getting the apartment. After that, the agent sent me a form to fill in the details of the occupant but when I asked for the details of his mum, he said she did not have any means of identification. Out of the trust I had for him as a regular client, I foolishly provided someone’s details to keep the place for him and since then, my thinking is that his mother had moved in.”

Omotosho, who said he was at home when the agent in charge of the singer’s apartment had been living in the place of his mother, called to inform him that he had allegedly killed the BDC operators, added further: “The agent called me that Etaredafe had killed two people in his apartment. He also said he dumped their corpses outside the gate and ran away. The agent said the blood of the deceased victims was traced to his apartment and later discovered that the people the musician killed were Bureau-De-Change operators. I was told he invited them to his apartment because he wanted to change dollars before killing them.

“In a bid to locate Etaredafe’s whereabouts, I contacted his girlfriend who said she did not know any address of his relatives. She later called me on Monday and asked if I heard that Etaredafe killed two people in his house and ran away. She said they only met on social media and she does not know where he or his family lives.”

Omotosho, who was invited for questioning, by operatives of the Lagos State Police Command, attached to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Yaba, has been in detention since Friday, alongside two other agents that helped him to secure the apartment.

Advertisement
See also  NNPC in talks with S’Korea consortium over new gas project in Nigeria

Benjamin Hundeyin, Superintendent of Police and spokesman of the command, who confirmed the incident, was quoted in the report as saying: “The main suspects are on the run. No part of the deceased victims’ bodies was cut off. The case is at the SCID and is progressing. The security man is in custody and is assisting with the investigation.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Drama at UNTH, as CMD orders detention of corpse, one year after

Published

on

The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, Enugu, has continued to detain the corpse of Janet Nwaosu one year after its doctors allegedly killed her, even as the hospital management has also denied family access to the corpse for the past one year.

Recall that the family of the late Romanus Nwaosu of Amaeta village in Mgbowo, Awgu Local Government of Area Enugu State had accused one Dr Chibuoke and a nurse of killing their mother, Mrs Janet, who was on admission at the UNTH on October 18, 2022.

The family claimed that the said doctor (Chibuoke) and the nurse injected their mother with a drug that killed her less than five minutes after the injection, without the consent to inject her the drug.

According to the family, the accused health practitioners were not the ones assigned to take care of the deceased at the hospital when they injected the drug that killed her.

Advertisement

However, more than one year after the incident, the Chief Medical Director of the teaching hospital, Dr Obinna Onodugo, has refused to release the body of late Janet because, according to him, one of the children of the deceased, “had maliciously broken a glass window in the hospital” after the alleged killing of their mother.

Meanwhile, Punch gathered that despite paying all necessary charges, the CMD was said to have given an order that no member of the family should be allowed to see the corpse of their mother in the past one year.

See also  Horrible economy: Nigeria has sold its soul to IMF, World Bank – Falana

The PUNCH, quotes Augustina Nwaosu, the deceased daughter, who said she had been taking care of her before her death as bemoaning on Wednesday that the hospital management had been dragging the family from one police formation to another.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Crime

Police launch moves to arrest killers of female NYSC stabbed to death while jogging

Published

on

Operatives of the Kaduna State Police Command have launched an intensive manhunt for those who killed Grace Chalya Silas, a female member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Kaduna State, who was hacked to death by a gang said to specialise in phone snatching and other crimes.

Channels Television quoted a close friend of the deceased as saying that the female corps member, who was jogging along the road on Thursday, was accosted by the hoodlums in the Barnawa area of the Kaduna metropolis, and  stabbed in the chest and that her phone was also taken away.

Manir Hassan, spokesman of the command, who confirmed the incident, said operatives had already been deployed to fish out the killers, adding that the Commissioner of the police had ordered that no stone should be left unturned in getting at the root of the matter and punishing the offenders.

“The Commissioner of Police after an emergency meeting of the top hierarchy of the command, had ordered the Barnawa Divisional Police Officer and operatives to hunt for the killers of the Corps member. It’s a very tragic incident. She was performing her early morning jogging when some miscreants on motorcycles pounced on her.

Advertisement

“The victim’s name is Grace Chalya Silas. She was a corps member serving in Kaduna South. When the case was reported to the police, operatives responded swiftly and moved to the scene of the crime where they saw the victim in the pool of her own blood. She was rushed to the clinic where she was later confirmed dead.

See also  Osun killing: US-based don died while the killer was testing his gun – police

“Since the incident was reported to the police, the Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, CP Musa Yusuf Garba, held an emergency meeting with the top hierarchy of the Command over the matter. We are already in touch with NYSC in the state. The CP has directed the Barnawa DPO and Area Commander to immediately hunt for killers of the corps member and fish out the perpetrators of the dastardly act.”

Continue Reading

Crime

MohBad: Tough time for Naira Marley! *To spend more days in detention

Published

on

Things are getting tougher for erstwhile music sensation Azeez Fashola, also known as Naira Marley, with his movement from police detention to the prison custody, no thanks to operatives of the Lagos State Police Command, who have not let him go, since he was seized on Tuesday, on his return from the UK.

Fashola, owner of Marlian Records music label is currently being who joined music promoter and Lagos socialite, Balogun Eletu, alias Sam Larry,  who was earlier detained by the police, is facing serious interrogation over an alleged link with the sudden death of Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as MohBad, a 27-year-old music artist, in Lagos on September 12.

On Wednesday, the command, secured the nod to detain Fashola, once a sensational Nigerian singer with cult following and currently an ambassador for the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) alongside other suspects for 21 days, nine less than 30 days they initially requested to enable them complete their investigation into the matter.

The orders of Magistrate Adeola Olatunbosun, for both to be held by the police beyond the mandatory 48 hours allowed by the law, is coming on the heels of the declaration of one Owodunni Ibrahim, otherwise known as Primeboy, said to be a prime suspect in the death of the decease, wanted with a N1 million bounty on his head for his refusal to honour their invitation in connection with the death of the incident.

Advertisement

Benjamin Hundeyin, spokesman of the command, who revealed the development through his X handle, had alerted the public about their intensive manhunt for Ibrahim, who he described as “approximately 1.64-m tall, male, dark-complexioned with tribal marks and Yoruba by tribe, adding that he did not honour police invitation successfully sent to him since the commencement of investigation on MohBad’s death”.

See also  BREAKING: Tinubu breezes back to Nigeria after two-week Paris ‘private visit’

The command on Tuesday night disclosed that Naira Marley had been taken into custody for interrogation over Mohbad’s death.

Continue Reading

Trending