CBN banner advert

Joshua sets up big fight with Pulev, October 28

By Editor on 4th Sep 2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 866


Victorious: Joshua

Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev has confirmed he will face Britain’s IBF and WBA heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua in Cardiff on 28 October.

The 36-year-old is the mandatory challenger for Joshua’s IBF title.

“My preparation is very intensive despite the little time left,” Pulev posted on Facebook, adding the date and confirming Cardiff as the venue.

“I will be perfectly ready when I enter the ring, so that he will not have any chance against me.”

The Bulgarian added: “Anthony Joshua is a great and dangerous rival. But his style fits perfectly on mine.”

The bout has not been confirmed by Joshua’s team, with promoter Eddie Hearn stating an announcement would be made on Tuesday.

n contrast to his comments on Monday, Pulev posted a message on 24 August stating he was not “in sync” with his promoters, who he believed had been negotiating the date of the bout without consulting him. He added he would “need a minimum of three to four months” to prepare.

Cardiff’s Principality Stadium is expected to host the bout six months after Joshua stopped Wladimir Klitschko at a sold-out Wembley Stadium in April, to add the WBA title to the IBF belt he claimed in 2016.

Klitschko delivered the only defeat of Pulev’s 26-fight career in 2015 but the Bulgarian has since won five fights in a row, taking him to a position as the IBF’s mandatory challenger.

Both of Joshua’s belts are expected to be on the line as the 27-year-old prepares to add to his 19 wins from 19 fights, all within the distance.

Hearn has said that Joshua’s aim is to face Pulev before meeting Luis Ortiz, the mandatory challenger for his WBA title – stressing that Joshua does not want to vacate either of his belts and would rather defend them before hopefully facing WBC title holder Deontay Wilder in the summer of 2018.

The heavyweight division’s fourth recognised title is held by New Zealand’s Joseph Parker, who defends the WBO belt against Hughie Fury in Manchester on 23 September.

Joshua’s meeting with Pulev is set to be the fourth night of boxing held at Wales’ national stadium.

Matt Skelton overcame Danny Williams for the Commonwealth heavyweight title there in 2006, while Wales’ Joe Calzaghe enjoyed two wins in front of his home crowd, against Peter Manfredo and Mikkel Kessler in 2007.

Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev says Anthony Joshua has ‘no chance’ against him

 

Source Agency Report

Posted on September, 4 2017

Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


You may also like...
Obj to Buhari: Not all PDP governments are...

Forfeit Ikoyi billions to FG, Court orders after...

Emir Sanusi probe: Kano anti-corruption Agency, state Lawmakers...

APC intensifies moves to stop Obaseki’s move to...

FUNAAB is reeking of fraud - SSANU *Demands...

Real Madrid star, Karim Benzema, tests positive for...

BREAKING: Another Military plane crashes

Record-breaking Quadri now ranked 25 globally

It’s the end of crime here, enthuses Diri...
Latest News Anambra polls: Uba fights on, as Appeal Court decides fate February Only enemies of Nigeria will be against zoning - South, Middle-belt leaders INEC on Funding: We'll deal with erring banks *Says, no more vote-buying, overspending Buhari in Kaduna: Terrorists would never take over your land You’ve served God and humanity, you deserve your rest, Obi tells retiring Catholic Bishop Djokovic: Diplomatic row brews, as Serbia goes for tit-for-tat *Sacks major Australian company I’ve not converted to Islam - Ihedioha *Serves Uzodimma quit notice INEC says IVED will do the magic in 2023 *Reaffirms validity of PVCs To take over Lagos, a task that must be done - PDP *Ayu, Makinde, Wike, others speak New group springs up for Osinbajo *Insists VP best to recue Nigeria

 

Most Read BREAKING: Atiku defects to APGA *Picks ticket for 2019 presidency *Runs with Soludo (62,983 views) BREAKING: Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar clinch final Ballon d'Or shortlist, Suarez snubbed (40,460 views) You must release Kanu, give us justice or we keep bombing – Gen. Ben (29,747 views) Seven 'killer' SARS officers arrested in Anambra for murder (26,748 views) I must redeem Ndigbo or die trying – Nwodo *We're quite uncomfortable in Nigeria (24,803 views) BREAKING: Upset, as Ugwuanyi appoints Queen of 419 into cabinet (20,498 views) Okorie to Buhari: Your gvt can’t be killing Ndigbo and offering B’Haram amnesty (18,173 views) Biafra: I’ll lead negotiation with agitators – Okorie *Warns against force (17,679 views) Catholic bishops to Mbaka: Your prophesies could be brain wave (16,891 views) BREAKING: Again DSS shuns court order, hedges on Kanu's release (16,467 views)

 

CBN banner advert

Chelsea Outdoor

Veleta banner

FRSC Officials vs Woman Driver on highway

 

 

Newsletters Subscribe to Whirl Wind News newsletters today and get breaking news and updates delivered to your mailbox!

Sign up

 

 

News Appointments (533) Business (411) Crime (1715) Economy (781) Education (316) Entertainment (427) Fashion and Style (166) General (946) Health (1051) Inside Africa (689) Interviews (38) National (1864) Politics (3955) Press Releases (3) Religion (345) Security (2562) Sports (2971) Technology (37) World News (844)
Advertisement