Posted by Editor | 18 August 2020, 03:21pm | 490
Construction giant, Julius Berger, is one of the companies that lost the bid to construct the Fourth Mainland Bridge, one of the most ambitious and high-profile projects Lagos would be embarking on, in the coming decades.
Reports say Lagos State Government has favoured six companies, excluding one of Nigeria’s most favoured construction firms, for the design, development, construction, operation, and maintenance of the bridge after the issuance of a Request for Qualification (RFQ) in February this year.
Berger, had made the list of the 10 shortlisted companies after the government went through their initial bids in April this year after the Request for Proposal (RFP) was issued, for the project, expected to be another giant stride in not only easing the crisis of traffic but in projecting its mega city status.
According to a statement issued earlier on Tuesday through the Lagos State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, the six companies said to have completed the technical and financial capacity requirements, included: Mota-Engil and CCCC Consortium. Power Construction Corporation of China and CGGC-CGC Joint Venture.
Others include: CCECC Nigeria Limited, China State Construction Engineering Corporation Nigeria Limited and IC ICTAS Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.
Lagos State said it will announce the selection of the next stage in due course, even as the RFP will be given to the pre-qualified bidders.