CBN

APC intensifies moves to stop Obaseki’s move to PDP *I haven’t decided yet – gov

Posted by Editor | 18 June 2020, 01:03pm | 469


Obaseki

An intensive move by the All Progressives Congress (APC) is currently on to stop Edo State Godwin Obaseki’s touted move to the Peoples Democratic (PDP), which has been quite high since his shuttle last weekend to confer with his counterparts in the South West.

 The governor also seems to have put the much-advertised defection to the opposition party under the chill, apparently to study developments at the APC as gladiators battle for its soul before making the final move.

There is a tendency in the party that wants to rubbish the outcome of the seven-man APC screening led by Prof. Jonathan Ayuba, which disqualified the governor from contesting the June 22 primaries in Edo State for the September 19 election, while others insist that that the Rubicon had been crossed and there is no going back on the decision, which was also sealed almost immediately by the National Working Committee and the Appeals Committee of the party.

Sacked National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, in line with the camp that believes that Obaseki’s fate has been sealed maintained on Wednesday, when he appeared on Channels TV that the governor had resigned from the party and his resignation accepted.

On the other hand Victor Giadom, who is laying claims to the office of Oshiomhole and representing the tendency that believed a lot of justice was done to the governor, wants him back, while denying claiming he as the new party leader was not aware of the resignation.

Obaseki, who had announced his resignation from the party after a meeting with Ibrahim Gambari, Chief of Staff (CoS), to President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday, had told State House Correspondents after the parley that he would pursue his reelection bid on another platform.

But that was few hours before Oshiomhole was sacked by the Court of Appeal, his main headache in APC, by upholding the ruling of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), High Court, Jabi, Abuja verdict in March this year, a situation, said to have given the governor,

In what is seen as a wait-and-see move, ostensibly to gauge the situation, the governor, through a tweet on Wednesday, Obaseki said he was presently preoccupied with the battle to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the state to be talking about his next move.


Source: Whirlwindnews.com

Disclaimer

Comments expressed here do not reflect the opinions of WhirlWindNews or any employee thereof.

You may also like...